I’m pleased to report that the sleeve surgery was successful and my Akoya cardigan is now finished and ready to wear 🙂
Can you spot the difference?
In shortening the sleeves, I forfeited the trellis lace pattern on the sleeves, leaving just the single cable twist as a nod to the original pattern.
The overall proportions are much better, and the fit is now perfect. I love the mother-of-pearl buttons too …
I think this cardigan will be very useful over the spring and summer. Will anyone notice that the sleeves aren’t the way they were meant to be? 😉
Have you persevered with a project that could have gone disastrously wrong? How did it turn out? I’d love to hear about it!
It’s beautiful, so pleased for you – love that you kept the twist!
Among the negative experiences with things I’ve knitted, I made a lovely jumper that had 3/4 sleeves in a fluffy Shetland yarn but then found I didn’t wear it much. When I analysed the “whys”, I realised all I needed to do was to lengthen the sleeves to full length and since I still had a ball of yarn left over, hey presto, I now wear the jumper a lot (it’s just been keeping me warm in Brittany and Normandy!)… simples!
LikeLiked by 1 person
A tweak here or there can make a huge difference – it sounds as though your modification was a great success. I’m glad you were able to rescue it and turn it into a favourite 🙂
Pingback: Long tail cast on – with 2 tails | yarnsmithery