Crossroads?

I love this design …

image

Pretty amazing for a public car park, don’t you think? Fabulous in so many ways.

And with its neat rows of Β textured crosses, it provided me with my unexpected knitting thought of the day πŸ™‚

I love it!

How about you? What has made you think of knitting or crochet today? I’d love to know!

Advertisements

About yarnsmithery

Sharing my love of yarny craft and encouraging others to give it a go!

6 Responses to Crossroads?

1. swissrose says:

Now that really is an unusual one – I can’t see any “seams” in the hard surface, so how is it made, I wonder?! Some kind of matting? Very clever!

Liked by 1 person

• yarnsmithery says:

Yes, very clever! I wondered about poured concrete, but it was a large area, and as you say, there didn’t seem to be any ‘joins’ … A mystery! πŸ™‚

• Nikki - Yet Another Crafter says:

I think it’s just poured concrete above, but you can buy “slabs” of this stuff too though in some places. They usually do this patten over small areas but it’s not common any more, shame as it’s lovely! I’ve never seen a patch of it with quite so much grass though!

• yarnsmithery says:

Yes, it was really pretty and effective. I wonder if the rain water can get through the grass? That would be good. I’ll see if I can investigate next time I’m there πŸ™‚ in the meantime, thanks for commenting, and happy crafting πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• Nikki - Yet Another Crafter says:

I think that rainwater can get through, at least the “panels” of it I’ve seen usually have the pattern going right the way through.

Liked by 1 person

2. Laura says:

That is fascinating.

I just started a knitting blog. Hope to see you there πŸ™‚